Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hats on the Brain

I'm learning to crochet, and my new obsession is hats. I made this one for my daughter, but crocheted it too loosely, so it ended up fitting me:

Then, I tried making one for myself, with a smaller needle, since I'd screwed that pink one up so royally. I guess my crocheting had gotten better by then, because it ended up the right size for my daughter! Isn't it cute though?



I'm bravely foraging on, and it's getting kind of addictive. My current project is a Durango hat for me. I hope it fits this time!!

Patterns Used
  • Pink Hat: Olivia's Butterfly by Vallieskids, I used Caron Simply Soft Brites in Watermelon.
  • Blue hat: Cheyenne by Catherine Lindsay, once again Caron Simply Soft Brites, but this time in Blue Mint.
  • Pink Flower:Mandy's Favorite 5-Petal Flower from Little Birdie Secrets. Very easy!! I used the same yarn as the pink hat.

These patterns seem to work fantastically for more experienced crocheters (although the flower turned out great for me!). I've checked the Rav pages. Maybe someday my crocheted projects will turn out as I envision them...

2 comments:

  1. Very Cute!!!

    I'm trying to teach myself to crochet. I've known how to do the basic chain for some time...now to just add in more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both came out really well! My husband (who is far more craftier than me) says he prefers crocheting to knitting infinitely.

    ReplyDelete