Friday, October 23, 2009

I'm in LOVE!

...With this hat. I love it so much that I'll probably wear it all day. I'm wearing it right now, in fact!
Please excuse the dorky face I'm making! The "buttons" on this hat are actually a couple of earrings I found at a local thrift shop for 50 cents! I love 'em!

I made this hat from the Durango pattern I mentioned yesterday. It was fantastically easy and it actually fits the person it was intended for (me)! I'm ecstatic!

I used Caron Simply Soft Brites in Blue Mint and regular Simply Soft in white. I did modify the pattern a tiny bit, as I realized it was going to be a little small once I was about 10 rows into it. You can read my modifications on my Rav page.

I am on such a crochet kick! Today I started a pattern to make a gorgeous Mosaic Scarf. It'll be white, with the blue I used for this hat, along with purple and pink, and by far the biggest project I've ever tried to make. I hope it turns out cute! Wish me luck!

What have you made recently??

2 comments:

  1. I do love the earrings on it! It gives it that finished look! I gave you an award BTW ;)

    ReplyDelete